Setting up a bed alarm for home use is fairly simple and straightforward.
- Take the sensor pad that comes with the alarm and put it on the mattress that’s being used.
- Place a fitted bed sheet over the mattress to help keep the bed pad in place.
- Position the pad under the hips of the user
- Turn on fall alarm when weight is applied to sensor pad
Problems with Having a Bed Alarm for Seniors
Bed alarms aren’t always perfect. Here are a few issues you may have if you decide to buy one:
- If your mom or dad, husband or wife, has a tendency to move a lot while in bed, the bed pad alarm may go off more than desired. If they are a good sleeper, you shouldn’t worry about this.
- A bed alarm won`t prevent all falls, but it will certainly give you a head start.
- The sound is annoying! Hearing the alarm go off is menacing, especially when you’re sleeping yourself, but it`s really a small price to pay to keep your family member safe.
26th Jul 2017